Saturday 30 November 2013

How does my media product represent particular social groups

Stereotypical or not?
My media product (a music magazine) is extremely stereotypical of what you would expect from a pop music magazine. It is cluttered and crowded, packed full of celebrity gossip and pop music culture.

How has the representation been constructed?
I have constructed the representation via elements such as mode of address, I have used an informal and chatty language which is typical of a pop music magazine. The social group which I have chosen is teenage girls aged 14-16, another way that I have represented this group is via my colour scheme. My colour scheme is pink, white and purple. These colours connote femininity and freshness and therefore relate well to my target audience.

The images which I have used also represent the social group of teenage girls and also pop music fans as upon my research into the typical conventions of pop magazines I found that the majority of images featured on pop magazines were that of clean-cut, professional looking images and so therefore all of my images that I have taken have the back drop of a white, clean background as not to distract from the artist. Also, the artists found on pop magazines are also seen to be conventionally 'good-looking' and attractive. Furthermore, I then continued to photograph people who are seen as good looking and fit this stereotype.


No comments:

Post a Comment