Wednesday 16 October 2013

Initial ideas for my music magazine

My initial ideas for my music magazine: 

Genre - for my music magazine I intend to follow the pop genre. I have chose this genre because it holds a lot of variety within it, there are many young pop artists around at the moment, and because of this my magazine will come across as more mainstream, appealing to a wider audience rather than folk or classical music which would be niche, appealing only to a smaller range of audience. 


Target Audience - Because my magazine will follow the pop culture I believe my target audience will be teenage girls interested in young, current pop music and groups. This age range could be from 12-20 years old, I want to make a magazine which is relatable to people my age, this works because I am within this age bracket. 


Artists - pop culture holds a wide range of varying artists. A few of which I will use in my magazine (eg. front cover, smaller images, contents): One Direction, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, The Wanted, Little Mix, Cheryl Cole, Ellie Goulding. All artists that fit into the pop genre. 


Colour palette - I will use colours which are seen to be more feminine, often associated with girls. These will include: pink, purple, white. Bright fun colours which connote youthfulness, excitement and perhaps love. 



House style – All of the above contribute to the house style of my magazine and the brand identity. The colouring will give my magazine it’s individual brand identity which will be feminine, young and fresh. The images of pop artists I choose to include will also contribute as they will act as the leading forefront of the magazine; showing the reader what is included in this magazine.

Mode of Address – The way my magazine will be communicated is by an informal, chatty style. With an almost familiar, friendly sense to it.

Fonts – The fonts I will use will be big bold fonts to draw the readers attention. Fonts typically used on a pop magazine, for example the masthead and splash are usually seen to be quite rounded and colourful, not harsh or edgy.


No comments:

Post a Comment